Day Three

Arthur has had two more successful days on the PCT.

He finished Day Two at Mile 42:
"Got to my campsite, another campground. Plenty of climbing today, very tired now, not too hot again fortunately. Tons of flies but no mosquitoes"

Saturday evening he messaged me at approximately Mile 62:
"Today's been not so bad so far but pretty exposed still. Really amazing views down into the desert, can see jacinto and Bernardino.
Had a close encounter with a rattlesnake today 
I was with a guy I've been hiking with this afternoon and was going to open my pack when I hear this sound like air escaping a balloon, look down and instantly jump back
Fortunately it slithered away quickly 
But that has taught me to look down more thoroughly before sitting or messing with my bag or really anything lol"


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Home.

Changing plans

Half way through Oregon