Day 8

 


Arthur says the weather was interesting on Wednesday:

"It was super windy, I was walking literally inside of of the clouds most of the day and before that it sprinkled a bit. Later on the clouds kinda parted and I could see they were all super low-hanging. It was only sunny from 2:30 to 3:00 or so and probably low 60s the whole day."


He also said he had to get water from a spring where the water tasted and smelled like sulfur. He was concerned about the drinkability of the water at Tule Spring but plenty of people were drinking it after filtering, and since it was 10 miles till next water, he used it even though it didn't taste very good.


Today (Thursday) he reached Paradise Valley Cafe at mile 151, where I dropped his first resupply box after I left him at the trail head. I'll be shipping his next boxes to Big Bear City and Wrightwood.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Home.

Changing plans

Half way through Oregon